Saturday, September 11, 2010

Portals and Mess Tins


Date: September 11th, 2010
Location: Under a Pile of Cozy Furs
Written by: Jere, age 9

The portal has been really quiet lately. I have no idea what's going on, because normally we get a new dragon every week at least, but Smokey and I haven't had a new little buddy to follow us around in a month or so.
Smokey and I are still keeping watch as much as we can, but it's really starting to bother us that we've had no activity. Smokey doesn't think they'd suddenly quit using our dimension as a dumping ground for unwanted dragons, and it almost seems like the portal might be broken.
Can portals even break at all?
It's frustrating, I know nothing at all about portals or how they work.
I just talk to dragons, who also know nothing about portals, except for the interesting (but fairly useless) fact that all you see is sparkling purple mist as you fly through them.

I've been saving up my spending money and finally got myself a mess kit for when I go out camping. There's a fry pan with a lid that doubles as a plate, a cup, and a dutch oven. I think it'll come in handy.
Since it's quit raining for the most part, Smokey and I went out tonight and caught some fish to try out the new frying pan with. I thought it was pretty yummy and the evening as a whole was nice, but Smokey complained the whole time that his feet were getting muddy and the wood smoke was making his eyes burn and itch. Later, I found out he just wanted to go home because he was missing some television show he likes. Sometimes I'm not sure why he hangs around; we don't have anything in common.

He hasn't shown any signs of forgetting about this log of our adventures, so I guess I have to keep writing all this stuff down. I probably mentioned it before, but I really hate writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment